Join in full day Halong Bay Islands and Caves tour
Itinerary: traditional wooden junk, seafood lunch, Stone Dogs Island, Duck Island, Finger Island, Incense Burner Island, and Fighting Cocks Island, Heavenly Palace Grotto, Hidden Wooden Stake Cave, Kayaking
Experience majestic Halong Bay in one day, with round-trip transport from Hanoi via the Red River Delta. Aboard a traditional Chinese junk, you’ll cruise for 4.5 hours past an epic landscape of limestone pillars and tiny islets. Enjoy a fresh seafood lunch, take a kayak or bamboo boat ride, and visit two stunning caves: Thien Cung and Dau Go. Upgrade for a private tour with your own personal guide and transport vehicle.
Halong Bay day cruise by traditional junk Visit Thien Cung Cave and Dau Go Cave Take a 30-minute kayak or bamboo boat tour Enjoy a fresh seafood lunch Round-trip hotel transport included from Hanoi Upgrade for a private tour with personalized commentary and transport
After pick-up at your hotel at 8 am, the bus ride through the Red River delta is a great opportunity to see what daily life is like for Vietnamese farmers. Rice fields and water buffalo flank both sides of the road. The most interesting glimpses into rural life come during February and June hen whole families are busy transplanting the young rice plants to the growing fields.
Arrive in Halong City tourist wharf around 12 pm. Here you'll board a traditional wooden junk and head into the bay. A fresh seafood lunch (vegetarian available if requested) is served on the way out. The limestone bedrock and sheer cliffs of the countless islets have inspired local people to come up with equally fanciful names: Stone Dogs Island, Duck Island, Finger Island, Incense Burner Island, and Fighting Cocks Island, the symbol of Halong Bay. You will then head on to Thien Cung (Heavenly Palace Grotto) and Dau Go (Hidden Wooden Stake Cave), two magnificent and otherworldly caves. Explore their huge chambers adorned with stalactites and stalagmites of all kinds.
Finally, enjoy 45-minutes of Kayaking or Bamboo boat around the islands and water tunnels and bask in the charm of this natural paradise. Around 4:30 pm you will be brought back to the Halong tourist wharf, where your vehicle is waiting to take you back to Hanoi.
The trip ends at your hotel around 8 pm.
Inclusions & Options
- Kayaking trip or Bamboo boat
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transfers by shuttle bus
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking Minimum numbers apply.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.
- In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible - we 100% guarantee it.
- Your currency is set to USD.
Questions & Answers
Be the first to leave a review.
Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one